Classes are seated once per year, in the Fall. Aspiring students must submit a complete application before the final application deadline, attend an interview day, and complete all prerequisite requirements before the start of term in order to qualify for Fall Enrollment.
- 18 years or older (required)
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Completion of college-level math course or passing score of 50 on the CLEP exam (required) *Note: preparatory or remedial courses will not be accepted
- Completion of college-level english course or passing score of 50 on the CLEP exam (required) *Note: preparatory or remedial courses will not be accepted
- Completion of college-level medical terminology course (required)
- Completion of an in-person, 15 hour (minimum) doula or birth assistant training course, or current doula certification, or currently working as a doula or birth assistant (required - more information below) *Note: online doula training courses will not be accepted
- Completion of a childbirth education training course (recommended)
- Completion of a college-level anatomy and physiology, biology or other science course (recommended)
The following items are uploaded online at the time of application:
- Current CV / resume and cover letter
- Proof of completion of college-level Math and English courses (or proof of passing score on CLEP exams)
- Proof of completion of college-level Medical Terminology course
- Certificate of attendance from an in-person, 15 hour (minimum) Doula Training course within the last two (2) years, OR proof of current Doula certification, OR proof of current employment as a Doula or Birth Assistant (such as a link to your website or a copy of your business card). Temporary placeholders are acceptable, such as receipt of payment or proof of registration for a Doula Training course.
- Notarized name change document(s) (if applicable)
- Copies of any professional licenses (if applicable)
The following additional items must be submitted directly to FSTM:
- $75 application fee (pay via PayPal at the end of the application, oran invoice will be sent to you via email once your completed application has been received)
- Copy of your high school diploma or official transcripts (sent directly from your institution to FSTM)
- Official transcripts from all post secondary schools, colleges, universities, or vocational programs attended (sent directly from your institution to FSTM)
- Two (2) professional letters of recommendation (sent directly from your reference to FSTM). Please use this form for all letters of recommendation.
- A completed FAFSA (use school code 038565) if you will be applying for financial aid
After your complete application has been received, FSTM will contact you to set up an applicant interview.
Upon completion of your application, if you are requesting Advanced Standing credit, please use this form and email it to email@example.com and/or print it out and bring it to your interview.
If you have questions or need assistance with your application, we are here to help!